Sunday 26 August 2012

Paulo Tyba in Curitiba

Paulo Tyba and I had been close friends as of 1967. Then at Christmas 1973, we saw each other for the last time. I went my way and he went his. I only found Paulo again around 2007, when I was surfing the social network Orkut. Paulo was living in Curitiba-PR with his wife of 30 years. He was already sick with kidney problems.

These are the photos Paulo Tyba had in his Orkut album. As Orkut is shutting down I transfered Paulo's last images on earth to this page.
you don't look much older than all those years ago... 14 October 2008
It was twenty years ago today, Sgt. Pepper taught his band to play; they've been going in & out of style but they're guaranteed to raise a smile, so may I introduce to you... Paulo Tyba.
...while my guitar gently weeps... 
Paulo & his beloved Minduim... or Johnny & the Moondogs.
Now, sing after me: Mr. Moooooonlight... 14 October 2008.
You haven't changed much... I lost my hair, you have not. 13 September 2008.
Some of the scraps I wrote at Paulo's page at Orkut. Paulo had already died in 1 January 2013:

Hello, Paulo!  Even though you have been gone for so long I still think of you sometime. Every time the bus goes past the apartment-house you used to live your auntie on Rua Theodoro Sampaio, I remember you and old times. Suddenly I'm thinking about Trio Los Panchos' 'Esperame en el cielo'... that's tacky, I know. You would laugh so much. I miss you. Paulo Naoto Tyba, all the best, LCA.

No comments:

Post a Comment